About the GMAT
In this section of the website, you will learn about the GMAT--its format, scoring breakdown, question types, and sections. Moreover, you will find helpful strategies that can help to improve your GMAT prep and increase your score.
If you have no familiarity with the GMAT, you should:
- Learn about the format of the test.
- Familiarize yourself with the scoring percentiles of the test.
- Set a target GMAT score based upon the average GMAT score of your target schools.
- Familiarize yourself with the three sections of the GMAT: AWA, Math (comprised of problem solving and data sufficiency), and Verbal (sentence correction, reading comprehension, and critical reasoning).
If you are somewhat familiar with the GMAT and you are looking to improve your score, you should:
- Review and master the content tested on the GMAT.
- Learn useful tips & strategies for improving your score.
- Try the free GMAT practice questions provided for each question type.
If you are very familiar with the GMAT and the content tested on it, you should:
- Purchase The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 11th Edition (ISBN: 0976570904) and work the problems repeatedly until you master them.